Wednesday, June 17, 2009

the leaking of lupe's track.

soo i downloaded the song "shining down" from lupe's new cd & now i feel bad cuz even tho i was gunna officially buy the album when it came out, i wanted sneak peak
untiiill i read this on lupe's blog:

"I DONT LEAK MY OWN RECORDS!!! I’M NOT A FAN OF LEAKING RECORDS OR OF DOWNLOADING!!! My entire first album leaked and possibly cost me from going platinum my first time out as the final estimates of how many people actually downloaded that album illegally was well over half a million. So how do u think i feel that everytime i come to this site where my “fans” are i see you putting up links to download my records???…I dont care about the other sites. I care about where my real fans are supposed to be active. If you come across it and you like it and keep it to yourself thats all cool with me but to make it where as other people are able to download it in a public forum is honestly an insult to me. Especially because of how much i love you guys. that shit is kinda like a slap in the face."

then he goes on to say..

"Lastly, the album is fucking ridiculous. I dont like to brag or shit like that but the album is sooooo fucking crazy at this point 95%done. and its all balls to the wall fire. I have the experience and the freedom now to make what i think will be the best received album of my career."




No comments:

Post a Comment